Tuesday 24 August 2010

CCC Week 11

To the ironing board!


I generally have an aversion to all things to do with ironing, to the extent that I have been known to only do the bits that show. How bad is that!


However, I love this fabby technique from the King of Distress, so I actually enjoyed switching my iron on.


The stamps I have used are from Paper Artsy Hot Pick 1005, Distress Inks in Bundled Sage and Tumbled Glass, Pearl Ten Seconds Studio Metal and the Paper Artsy Moth Die. The metal is coloured with Inka Gold in Blue and Green/Yellow.
The tag looks quite a bit lighter in real life, and the little dark blob in the top left is my little cat Tilly's foot, she was desperate to get in on the act this morning. Here's a close up of the little moth, with his little blingy antennae.

12 comments:

minnie_mac said...

Gorgeous tag. Beautiful colours, great batik, fabulous moth and some of my favourite Paper Artsy stamps.

Marilyn

MarleneMAZ said...

Very pretty tag! isn't this a great technique :)

Evelyn S. said...

It's a delicate piece! Beautiful!

Maggie said...

lovely batik and soft colours liking that stamp too.

Maggie

Linda M. Cain said...

Love your use of the metal! Great job!

Minxy said...

Pretty and serene a perfect combo

Netty said...

Simply beautiful, love it. Annette x

Linda Ledbetter said...

Susie, the only time I ever pull my iron out of the closet is when I'm doing a craft project like this, so I can totally relate! ;-)

Your tag is so beautiful! You chose a great stamp for the blended batik look, and the colors couldn't be prettier. Love that little happy moth, too!

Next time, maybe you can get Tilly to pose with your art!

Hugs,
Linda

Nan said...

You did such a beautiful job! I had to laugh because one of the first things I told my husband when we got engaged was "I do not now, nor will I ever iron" and after 18 years of marriage I can say I was true to my word! :) Nan

Terry said...

Lovely batik tag! Your colors are images are beautiful! The moth is a perfect embellishment!

SHAWN said...

This is a beautifully done tag. I love the layered grass blades at the bottom and the use of the Inca Gold is gorgeous!

Val said...

I don't even know where my OH keeps the iron! Heehee!!

Your tag is just absolutely beautiful, and I love the soft colours.

Your little cat is very pretty as well.

It was lovely to meet you on Wednesday. Take care and have a great weekend.

Hugs
Valxx