Sunday 5 September 2010

A Bit of Everything (GC67 Go 3D)

Well not quite, but I have tried to include my favorite messy arty things to do.

I'm going to enter this in the Sunday Stamper and Gingersnap Creations GC67 Go 3D.
This little thingy kind of evolved as it went along and I thought of more things I liked.



I started off with a small collage frame, and then embossed some metal which I then sploshed with aqua and lettuce alcohol inks, and aged with a bit of acrylic paint and stuck to the frame. I then used Viva Terra to lightly cover the rest of the frame. and stamped into it using a Paper Artsy small script stamp, added some texture with my fingers and dried getting some little bobbles and blobs in some areas. Once dry Pool acrylic paint was applied over the text, followed by a couple of layers of a paint sampler from B&Q. Next I just lightly dabbed the bobbly bits with some Pool acrylic and some Inka Gold.

I stuck some sticky back canvas on to mountboard, and inked with Tumbled Glass and Peeled Paint DIs for the central image which is a Paper Artsy Hotpick that I seem to use a lot. Next comes my recycling. The birds nest is made from the gold netting that came from a pretty decent Rioja that we had with dinner the other night! I tried to age it a bit with some acrylic paint, but it's still a bit shinier than I'd really like. The egg is a UTEE bead that I made ages ago that I knew would come in handy one day.

The words are stamped onto metal that has had the same alcohol ink treatment, and , finally, because I love all things Ideology, there is a little bird coming in to land. Again it's had the aging treatment with some paint and a bit of Inka Gold.

It's been a nice messy way to spend a wet Sunday afternoon.





12 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

OOohhhh, this is LUSH Sue, am loving the textures and the colours really pop... as for the nest - sooo sweet... you deffo need to have some more of that Rioja so you can make another LOL Thanks for joinin in with the Sunday Stamper hun x

Unknown said...

Oh Sue I am so please I popped by I really do like this so much texture and fun I may have to do one my self my hands have been clean all day (Sun) but tomorrow I'll get stuck in

Love Dawn xx

Kim B said...

Love Love Love
Great Job!

Nan said...

Love the textures and details...you do lovely work!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning & so inspiring Sue! x

Brenda Brown said...

Ooooh Sue, this is just gorgeous, I love all the details and colours. The more I look at it the more I want to have a go at something similar. Great way to spend a sunday me thinks.
Take care. Luv B xxx

Zue said...

I think there is a problem for me making comments to your blog. I have just written one and it has disappeared. Will try again.

Sue xx

Zue said...

This is lovely Sue. So many delicious techniques and the final piece is stunning.

Very clever!!!

Sue xx

Lori Saul said...

This is such a beautful mixed media piece- the colors are so natural and perfect for this nature themed work of art. I look forward to visiting again!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Wow, Sue! This is spectacular! It's a beautiful design and your inking skills are second to none! The little gold nest with the pearly egg is a BRILLIANT touch. I love this! Thanks so much for joining the 3d Challenge at Gingersnap Creations!

flutterbycrafter said...

Woo hoo, this is fantastic, I saw it on Hels challenge and meant to comment then, I just love this. thanks for your lovely comments. xx

Martine said...

wow! this is so pretty! LOVE everything about it!!