Sunday 7 November 2010

Covered in Glitter!

This snowy canvas is my entry for this weeks Sunday Stamper Challenge, and I'm hoping that little bird houses count so that I can enter this in the Something Completely Different Houses Challenge as well .

I have just used gesso and aqua paint dabber on my canvas. The tree is by Collections Elements, painted in distress crackle paint, as is the fence which is one of those fab new Tim Holtz dies.
The background is stamped with pearl snowflakes and fir trees in tumbled glass and broken china distress inks. I made some clear snowflakes using some Ideology packaging and then out came the glitter. I used Deko-Ice which has lovely big clear crystals sprinkled on the snowflakes, but I did manage to get it all over the place, my desk is now more sparkly than the Strictly Come Dancing set. The little bird house is covered in some frosty coloured paper, and also given the glitter treatment, and hangs from the tree on a little silver wire with a few little crystals on it.

11 comments:

Yvonne said...

Really beautiful, Sue!

Hels Sheridan said...

Oh so pretty - tis my perfect idea of Winter! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper x

Zue said...

Such a pretty canvas and so much to look at. I love your bird house...it just completes the composition beautifully...it is perfect for today. We have not got frost but it feels like it and your canvas makes me feel frosty, but in the nicest possible way.

Hope you are well, have a nice week.
Sue xx

Kim B said...

That is so pretty, I really like the layers of the different paints etc. Hope you have a super nice Sunday.

Artyjen said...

Soooo pretty..of course it's fine for SCD...it's a lovely birdie house! :)
Thanks for sharing with us this week over at SCD....so glad you could play
xoxo Sioux

Lori said...

Brrr! lol! This really looks wintry! Great job, just love it!

Elaine said...

Great canvas - love the colours you've used and the sparkly snowflakes. That little birdhouse is cute too!

Laura said...

Very wintery scene. I am sure the birds are glad they have somewhere cosy to go! Great make.Thanks for joining us at SCD this week.

Unknown said...

It's SO very nice to see you hun still thinking of you.Mwah!

Oh Yummy! I love the snow in Winter we had the best time early this year lol although the UK came to a stand still! any way I love your bird house and of course it's included ;o) Thanks for joining us at SCD this week!

Love Dawn xx

Gez Butterworth said...

WOW! Sue I adore your canvas.. everything about it! Love, love, love your tree & your cute birdhouse certainly DOES count! Thanks so much for joining us at Something Completely Different this week. Gez.

Hels Sheridan said...

Having seen this in the real, the photo just doesn't do it justice.. it is sparkley and pretty and just oooozes Winter... TIS BEAUTIFUL xx