Wednesday 11 January 2012

A Little Bit of Patination

I can't believe it's Grungy Monday 32.  Where does time go?  This week Linda has set us a fantastic challenge to use a favourite new technique from Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas 2011. I decided to go for Tag Number 7 full deets of which you can find here. I am also going to enter this tag in the Artistic Stamper January Challenge which is Vintage, and Hels Sunday Stamper Challenge which is Time this week
I have had some of that Kraft Glassine paper lurking in a pile of stuff I didn't really know what to do with for quite a while, so I loved Tim's video full of loads of fab ideas. I especially love the patina effect, so thats what I've used as the background for my tag today.


I colored my glassine paper with Sail Boat Blue and Gold Mixative Alcohol Inks, and then sploshed with Alcohol Blending Solution to create the patinated look, followed by a quick blast with the heat gun to set everything. I also used the glassine paper to make my flowers.The big flower has an old watch face for its middle, and the smaller flower has a little watch cog, and they are both finished with ideology pointers.
The sentiment is from the Stuff to Say stamp set, and is stamped onto a Journalling Ticket with Coffee Archival Ink, as is the tiny cogs stamp which I think is by Prima. The Tattered Banners strip is used at the bottom of the tag, as well as some old lace.  The whole tag is finished off wit some Ideology findings.

I have put in a close up photo of the patinated effect,, which I think is going to be a technique that I will try out with some different colour combinations, to see the effects I can get.

12 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Super tag, great background. :)

Maggie said...

Fabulous Tag Sue! great background love the colours.

Maggie

Helen said...

Such a great tag, really fitting for those challenges! Don't you just love glassine.

Not sure if I will get to play at these this week but hoping to!

Artyjen said...

Wow! Lovely effect :)
xoxo Sioux

Maria said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Love it!

Ruby Craft said...

Your glassine flowers and background are so beautiful. Love the vintage look of your tag and all the details.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Very cool and beautiful too!!!

Shelly Hickox said...

Love those flowers! Your whole tag is just gorgeous.

Terry said...

Fabulous tag and I love the use of gears for the flower centers!

Jennie Atkinson said...

Fantastic tag Sue - love your flowers!

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning tag Sue! Thanks for joining in The Artistic Stamper Challenge! x

Carol said...

Love the background i will try this later, love the tag.